I have a quick request this morning. I'm making a southwest pizza tonight and have been browsing the web looking for a new pizza crust recipe to try. I'm looking for a crust that is in between thin and thick... kind of like the hand tossed crust at Pizza Hut. Do any of you have a tried and true recipe that you love that you could share?
Now, down to business. Several days ago Rachel over at Rachel's Bite tagged me for a meme. The meme is to list 6 weird things about me. Let me see what I can come up with.
1) I am a Dr Pepper / Mr Pibb fountain drink junkie. I don't like the drinks in a can or out of a bottle, but give me a straight up Dr Pepper on crushed ice in a Styrofoam cup and I am a happy camper. I would choose this over ice cream, cheesecake, chocolate, etc.
2) I was a good girl growing up and didn't have my first drink of alcohol until I was 21. I'm not a big drinker now (despite the martinis the other night) but I do enjoy a nice glass of wine or a margarita on the rocks every now and then.
3) I used to eat everything plain. Hamburgers, sandwiches, pasta, etc. The reason is that I don't like messy food. I used to completely detest barbecue for the same reason. I don't like to get messy when I'm eating! I like barbecue now (which is good since my husband is big into smoking meat) but I still prefer my burgers plain.
4) Not food related, but weird related. When I was middle school age, I had a very unhealthy obsession with Kirk Cameron. (Oh...I just searched for a site to link his name to and found an official Kirk Cameron website. I got a little swoony looking at his picture again. It's probably a good thing the web wasn't around during my obsession, isn't it mom? The long distance phone calls trying to find him in California were probably obsessive enough.)
5) I love cereal. I think if I were single and didn't enjoy cooking so much, I could eat cereal morning, noon and night.
6) I used to hate pineapple. Hate is probably an understatement...I used to detest pineapple. I'd gag at the thought of it, at the smell of it, at the taste of it. When I was pregnant with my 3rd baby, we went to a birthday party and the hostess had a fresh, cut up pineapple set out. Something strange came over me and I took one bite and my hate for pineapple turned to history. While I was pregnant I would eat an entire fresh pineapple every single day. I can't wait until it is pineapple season again because I love it so much now!
I think that just about covers it! I'm not going to tag anyone else because I was so late at doing this that I think everyone has already been tagged. If that's not the case and you'd like to be tagged, let me know :)